Sunday, January 31, 2010
kiss a stranger without speaking first
enjoy 15 minutes of fame
make sure everything in my house is my favorite [my chairs will not just be any ole chairs; they will be my favorite chairs]
marry for love and money
watch the ball drop for NYE [live, in time square]
cheer on the macy's thanksgiving day parade
live in a different state for a short period of time
consider myself cultured
watch mean girls everyday for a month, again
have a job i love
work with my sister and be able to maintain our relationship
be known as the hostess with the mostess
send friends flowers monthly
enjoy doing RAK [random acts of kindness]
support a candidate for president
have blue eyed, brown haired babies
learn all the words to ice ice baby
be a leader for a good cause
never break traditions
stay 29 forever (once i get to that age. and only if i love that age)
give up something real for lent and never pick it up again
have pink in every room
drive a BA car [haaaaaaaahahaa]
learn another language
i also found a 21st birthday check for twenty dollars dated june 26, 2008!
talk about a lucky day..
enjoy the last few moments of january.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
i have a scar on my left eyebrow. i got it when i was like three racing my sister to be the first to answer the door. she won. i ran straight into the edge of a wall. i used to wax my eyebrow to that line (its vertical and very close to the start of my eyebrow) so no one would even notice that i had it, but my brow was getting too short. now you can clearly see the missing hairs and well, i kind of like it.
i have a scar on my left thumb. i got it senior year in high school at my friend bortkas house. we were meeting there to leave on a river trip. i was popping my thumb and my right hand slipped and i cut my hand with my other hands nails. it wasnt a very big cut, but the scab (ew i hate that word) fell off (sorry this is disgusting) so i now have a scar forever.
i have a scar on my left pointer finger. its located in the palm side and is the length of two joints. in april 2009, or maybe it was 2008, we had a luau party and rented a pina colada machine that was extremely heavy. as i was setting it down it slipped out of my hand and seriously tore up my finger. it hurt like a bitch and bled like a pig. heres a sweet pic of it from the night of the accident.
i have a scar on the inside of my left heel. this one time, i was drunk, at a bar, in san antonio, wearing flip flops (i knew it was cold! and decided to wear them anyway), and got cut by a broken beer bottle left on the floor by some freaking idiot. i swear it was a sign from joan rivers reminding me that flip flops in 40 degree weather is both tacky and dangerous. anyway, i didnt notice the cut until the sole of my shoe was covered in blood. i did the whole "im sorry, i cut my foot earlier and now my shoe is filling up with blood" *drag leg away* thing about 20 times that night. (btw, name that obvious movie) this heel scar is by far my favorite and i really hope i have it forever and always remember that night at the ticket when i look at it.
reading this blog has provided a wealth of information whether you realize it or not. you know me much better than you did before, all my accidents that left scars occur ed on the left side of my body, and...well, thats all i can come up with.
Monday, November 9, 2009
- pumpkins! the smell of pumpkin: pumpkin candles, pumpkin hair products, pumpkin dump cakes. the look of pumpkins too: my perfectly fairytaled, fairytale pump, and homemade velvet pumpkins like these
- the after halloween, halloween sales. sara and i got fake eyelashes for 25 cents (!!!) partially because they were 75% off and partially because the women at the check out could not do mental math. this worked in our favor so we decided to really stock up on them.
- leaving the windows open. i looove the smell and feel of autumn air. and hopefully it will help with our electricity bill. fingers crossed!
- the 10 day salute to sausage-WURSTFEST! this event is single handily the best weekend of the fall semester. i love everything there is about wurstfest: the anticipation, the date parties, the tons and tons of people you will guaranteed see there, a different crowd from the typical square rats, polka music, old german geezers who buy you beer, the whopping 17 dollar pitchers of shiner, booths and booths of sausage on a stick, fried oreos/fried everything, turkey legs, etc., the sweepstakes, the clever status/album titles on facebook, the pictures, and most importantly, leaving the best decisions behind and making the wurst decisions! i went twice this year and loved every minute of it. i hope that when im done and gone from san marcos (whenever that time will come), my friends and i will continue to reunite in new braunfels for this glorious occasion. here is a picture of hayley, sara, me, and amber from friday night that is not yet on facebook. eeks, i obviously spilled..
- fall art from elsie. the bottom left is my favorite and im considering purchasing it. i love all of elsies stuff! i have some 'holiday art' of my own that i plan to create and will surly post pics when it is finished. get excited!
- target had tiny pink tinsel trees. i could not pass them up. mine is already displayed in my bathroom and i loove it! i get super excited about christmas but never want to rush through thanksgiving. anyway, i already put one really small tree up and do not yet regret it. i also put pink lights on my headboard, but those are not christmas lights. they are all year pretty lights and they illuminate my room just perfectly. im pleased with this decision.
- mini vacations, like last saturday. i went with 8 other girls to austin for a bachelorette party. it was pirate themed because the bride is 'walking the plank' in a week. everything was done so cleverly, like a treasure map of 6th street in search for booty. and all the costumes looked so good! we had so much fun and of course got lots of attention and "aarrrrgs" thrown our way but we completely embraced it. after our night on the town, we went back to the holiday in on town lake to stay. i loved our mini vaca. i have another one coming up this weekend: camping at lake livingston.
what do you all love about november?
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
for now though, we have SO much fun together! we are both good at coming up with little random activities to keep us entertained. your adventurous spirit rubs off on me and keeps our relationship lively. and so does our sex life. i of course i love most things about you, but more specifically i love your sense of humor, values, personality, height, pit hospitality (and that you know what movie that comes from), ability to quote movies and lyrics, love for discussing hypothetical questions, taste in music, of course your family. and i appreciate more than you would ever know, that you think my eyes are beautiful but my most attractive features are my heart and soul (ha!). you love my laugh and find it contagious. and you think im rad and love that i am super cute!
the songs brown eyed girl, unusually unusual, love spell (pardon the anime in the vid and please dont let it ruin the song), and shes every woman, to name a few, remind you of me. it makes me blush when you bring up my name in conversations simply because your thinking of me. others find it cute and sweet, not annoying like it sounds. surprising me with fresh flowers makes my day. in fact, all your little surprises make my day.
oh and i know that things wont always be rainbows and butterflies and sometimes it will get complicated and difficult because well, i am sometimes complicated and difficult. i am completely hopeless when it comes to directions, spelling, technology, and mental math, i dont like ketchup or hot dogs, the only time i brush my hair is right after i get out of the shower, i can get pretty obnoxious, it takes me hours to get dressed (and you think, "sweatpants, hair tied, chillin with no make up on- thats when your the prettiest. i hope that you dont take it wrong."), im nosey, and i like to be catered to (and once again lyrics come to your head, "let me cater to you!"), i cuss too much, and i have some stray grey hairs. none the less, you think im a peach!
our ability to compromise, is not the least bit compromising, and makes our relationship work. well that, and we were totally made for each other. we are just swell together!
xoxxo. the love of your life, lauren
ps-where the F are you??!
on a totally unrelated note: i have a hunch that i am one of the last people to discover drunk history but, if this is untrue and you have not yet seen these hilarious videos then go here and watch them immediately. especially volume 2 and 2.5 starring jack black. now, go!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
i ride the bus everyday. and every time i get on (besides wanting to shoot myself in the foot) i look around at all the different faces. every ride is filled (to the point of people stepping on your toes, literally) with different people that get on and off that bus that wouldnt be there, on that specific bus, if their timing wasnt exact. maybe this kind of thing is purposely fated? maybe we are supposed to be on that bus with those people for a reason?
and this idea doesnt just pertain to buses. its every aspect of our life and every encounter we have...it wouldnt happen if it wasnt for timing. is this logical or am i just dreaming again?
again with timing, like carrie bradshaw, i wonder: would my life would be completely different if i wasnt perpetually 10 minutes late?
but more specifically, in a relationship, is timing everything?i have friends who think that two people could be perfect for each other but their timing could be all wrong and therefore, their relationship will not work out. i think that there are sensitive periods. like when learning to speak, relationships have to happen in a certain period of time that is good for both people. however, i dont think that two people that were so right for each other wouldnt work out just cause their timing was off. or at least i hope not.
timing is uncontrollable. the thing we can control is how we spend the time we have. so spend it well!
oh and, last year at this time i was...
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
she loves this delightfully scented body wash because it does more than indulge her skin with irresistibly soft lather. it's also shown to moisturizefor 24 hours, leaving her skin feeling irresistibly soft and smooth.
her spirit is effortlessly beautiful. her skin loves JOHNSON."
-johnson's body care 24 hour moisturizing body wash